Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nail Attempt

I've been absolutely in love with Pintrest for a while now, but never actually tried out any of the wonderful things I saw pinned. As I was procrastinating, I came across this pin about water marbled nails.

I figured, "I can do that!" So I tried it out. This ended in many swear words and about half a bottle of nail polish remover. Not at all as easy as I thought. That or I'm just not skilled with this sort of thing.

But I figured, hey, I don't like color on my nails anyways. So I tried something else from pintrest.
Caption read: "Want white nails? 1 Tbs peroxide 2.5 Tbs baking soda. Let this paste sit on your nail for 5 minutes and voila!"

This actually worked! But like most things we all find on the internet, it doesn't work like the pictures makes you believe.

I cleared off a space on my sewing table and got all my supplies.
This is Panther, our multiple personality cat (one demon and the other an angel).

The "goop"

Before applying the mixture.

Living in Western Washington means only two seasons...
This is the rainy one that lasts about 9 months.

I decided I wasn't going to check the mail since the sidewalk turned into a lake.

Panther really doesn't like waiting for me.

Neither does Kabuki, our other baby (well 22 lb baby that's about the size of a smaller dog).

The "after." Not exactly the results I was hoping for.
If I actually used color nail polish all the time and had that yellow tinge, this would have removed it.

I followed the process with Sally Hanson Triple Strong clear nail gel.

The final product.
I think it looks better, but not as good as a manicure.
Overall, not amazing, but it was worth a try. It's not like I had anything better to do, like study.

No comments:

Post a Comment